Changes and improvements are always being made to Dead of Night, and some changes
may impact players more than others. It's always a good idea to stay informed and read
- Changes as of May 02, 2018:
- Circle command lag reduced.
- MPlay option added to logfilter.
- Changes as of Nov 01, 2018:
- Receptionists are now covering rent. May not apply to autorent.
- Changes as of 12, 2017:
- Multiplaying changed - you can now have two characters on at once, and
interact between them.
- Changes as of May 27, 2017:
- Fix to tail wear location.
- Stacking of form and stone fist has been corrected.
- Backstab multiplier while wielding formed weapons has been reduced,
but is still probably higher than it should be.
- DeadEdit 1.26.7 has been released. The installer is available on
the website: http://www.deadofnight.org/?x=buildtool
- Changes as of Apr 29, 2017:
- DeadEdit 1.26.6 has been released. The installer is available on
the website: http://www.deadofnight.org/?x=buildtool
- New object affects can now be added to items for healing effectiveness,
and critical damage effectiveness.
- Two new healing spells for clerics.
- Changes as of Mar 09, 2017:
- Clan consulates have opened above the Pangaea Inn.
- Changes as of Feb 15, 2017:
- New inhabitants have been seen in the abandoned halls of La Cosa
Nostra and Haven.
- Changes as of Dec 07, 2016:
- Consignment at the auctioneer is restored.
- More spells cast by shifts now cost mana.
- Ponies? No.
- Changes as of Nov 13, 2016:
- Forged weapons can now be made at a lower level.
- Elemental shifts spells are no longer free.
- Changes as of Nov 12, 2016:
- A number of skills have been added to several classes to increase
effectiveness with general types of weapons.
- Warriors new skill "weaponmaster", increases effectiveness of the
warrior with any weapon.
- Forges have been massively overhauled. Generally speaking the low
level forges have been boosted a lot. High end forges number and
size of dice have gone down markedly. HOWEVER - overall damage has
not changed a great deal, given the skill boosts.
- Changes as of Nov 12, 2016:
- Returns from illythic aura are now linked to the victim's mana pool.
- Changes as of Nov 10, 2016:
- You can get more details about each listing at the auctioneer by
specifying the auction number with the "list" command.
- Joining the legendlist will very shortly cease to be a foregone
conclusion simply by maxxing exp. Routes to being designated as a
legend will include role playing, broad support of active players,
and direct appeal to the immortals.
- Changes as of Nov 09, 2016:
- An auction system has been added to supplement the auction channel.
"help auctioneer", and look for the Jidoor Auction House in Pangaea.
- Changes as of Nov 05, 2016:
- Homes are available for purchase on Vilas Road. For 50 million
gold, you can obtain a two room house with a renting rate of 35%.
This renting rate can be improved with gold and quest points.
Please contact an immortal (other than Sadis) for further details
if you are interested.
- Changes as of Nov 04, 2016:
- Werewolves quest: When a werewolf is killed, the clue is given to
everyone in the room, as well as the group of the killer.
- Luck bonus to gold acquisition disabled until further notice.
- Changes as of Nov 03, 2016:
- Mobile stat generation for levels 51 to 120 has been changed to
be smoother increases.
- Curse has a significant luck debuff component.
- Bless, paladins blessing, and blackguard unholy blessing have a
small luck buff.
- Changes as of Nov 03, 2016:
- Neutral range for luck lowered.
- Objects which affect luck now work.
- A few objects have either had luck added, or are new with luck.
- Changes as of Nov 01, 2016:
- Critical hits are a thing. They are affected by the luck of both
the hitter and the hittee.
- Changes as of Oct 30, 2016:
- DeadEdit has been updated. Please download and install the most
recent version before editing any zones. It is available from
- Luck affects gold collected, some skill and saving throw checks,
and skill/spell/song success.
- Changes as of Oct 28, 2016:
- Added luck as a base statistic. Expect luck to be factored into
more things over time.
- Fixed a bug with password procs in rooms where they misbehaved if
no guild was specified. Oops.
- Changes as of Oct 27, 2016:
- Added password proc option -guild, for use in upcoming feature.
- Fixed a bug where member lists for clans were clobbered by live-
- Added tridents as warrior forgable 2-handed weapon.
- Antipaladins should now behave more blackguardish. The master
antipaladin got a slight boost.
- Changes as of Oct 26, 2016:
- The forums are once again enabled on the forums. Feel free to create
accounts for each character.
- Mobile sounds, which have been non-functional for ages, work again.
- Blackguards have learned how to summon beasts to ride.
- More tweaking to illusionary shroud, less nerfy for some and more
nerfy for others.
- Some messages added to "throw".
- Clan shopkeepers are no longer an easy source of free goods.
- Changes as of Oct 23, 2016:
- True sight now only gives a -chance- to see through illusions of
shrouded opponents. Less illusions generated by illusionary shroud.
- Blackguard spell illythic aura.
- Clans command flag '-a' added, to include inactive clans. Output of
- Changes as of Oct 21, 2016:
- Clans banks are now an option. Price to be determined. Anyone in
the clan can deposit, aclan level to withdraw can be set.
- Changes as of Oct 20, 2016:
- Warriors can now forge offhandable hammers and handaxes.
- Warrior compare now shows the keywords used in the output rather
than just the item name.
- Many aspects of clans are now live editable.
- Inactive/dead clans show in-game.
- Changes as of Oct 16, 2016:
- Mob autoassist has been changed markedly. Report problems.
- Warrior forges are now !monk !blackguard - a longstanding oversight.
- Bronwin, the captain, and the scribe should now deal in the types
of things they sell.
- A scribe, two shipwrights, and a tailor elsewhere in the realm should
now deal in the types of things they ought to.
- Changes as of Oct 11, 2016:
- Clan receptionists should now be more committed to obeying limits
on who they'll let rent at their inns.
- Clan boards should work for who they're supposed to work for.
- Changes as of Oct 08, 2016:
- Doorbash stun should be a more reasonable duration. If it's too
short, let me know.
- Changes as of Oct 06, 2016:
- "set" will no longer permit variables to be set to begin with @ or \.
- Bug fix with guildmaster congratulatory rumor.
- Blackguards have learned how to pray.
- Clerics of any alignment can pray. Non-clerics are restricted based
on their class and alignment.
- Crashrent is more applicable than before.
- Bug fix to avoid identify exits with no key set as room errors.
- Tweaker adding/removing keywords to drink containers on empty and fill.
- Changes as of Sep 30, 2016:
- Sorting of "users" output reworked to be less crashy.
- Logging of location of player deaths now actually logging.
- Bug fix to landwalker effect for merefolk not in their
- Some messages when blackguard affects fade.
- News live-loadable again.
- Changes as of Sep 29, 2016:
- Bug fixed with socials on channels ( @social ).
They should now work properly again.
- Changes as of 09, 2016:
- The mud has re-opened. Read the motd.
- Changes as of Aug 06, 2009:
- Agreements have been repealed, and old rules are once again in effect.
Pvp is now permitted without agreement. As in the past, abuse will be
determined and addressed by the staff. You are responsible for knowledge
of the rules. Read HELP RULES.
- Clans will be undergoing some restructuring. If you are interested in
starting a clan, please contact Tamrissa.
- Changes as of Jun 19, 2008:
- When weapons are unequipped skills and spells aren't so mentally
draining now. This should help ease the advancement of caster class.
- Changes as of Mar 19, 2008:
- The command 'aclan list' should now be more accurate.
- Changes as of Feb 15, 2008:
- The pignore function should now work better.
- Changes as of Jan 5, 2007:
- Clan hall raiding agreements are in place and signposted.
- Changes as of Aug 20, 2007:
- Mud rules changed to prohibit pvp without agreement to participate.
- Added ability to ignore other players with the pignore command.
- Added ability to check on global agreement memberships with the
- Changes as of Feb 14, 2007:
- Extended quest auras
- Improved Knighthood functionality
- Added Long Term Storage at inns
- Changes as of Feb 02, 2007:
- Fix some issues with autoeat and autodrink
- Add ability to have an email associated with your registration
- Add ability for people with associated validated email addresses to
receive pages by email.
- Changes as of Jan 30, 2007:
- New autoeat and autodrink options.
- Fix bug with vampire bleed and low hp target mobs.
- Improve combat exp for targets which are stunned/incapacitated.
Head on combat still provides by far the best combat exp.
- Changes as of Nov 12, 2006:
- qinfo now gives information on individual quests
- New autoloot options available see 'help autoloot'
- Some more improvements and bug fixes for tag skirmish
- Poseidon and Zeus are nolonger shiftable as they have been
- Make login a bit more informative.
- Add 'NewbieFirsts' messages for the first time a player does certain
- Changes as of Nov 05, 2006:
- Add set osay_default
- Add set nohangprompt - makes prompts normal output rather than
special lines without a line ending.
- Change flee to a percentage.
- Added tag-skirmish quest.
- Added AIM/GoogleChat support. Currently usernames which can be
added to your IM are firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com
- Changes as of Oct 28, 2006:
- Fixed consecrate for mobs.
- Changes as of Sep 27, 2006:
- Many new drink types, and changes to messages for various
- Changes as of Sep 27, 2006:
- Fleeing after recovering from web is fixed.
- The quest shopkeeper now reloads after zone reset.
- New combat messages for wither, rupture and kick.
- Changes as of Sep 23, 2006:
- New layout to the Fox and Hound Pub in Pangaea.
- Changes as of Sep 09, 2006:
- Added the Global Agreements system. All players should read the
help files on 'global agreements' and 'global agreement smith', and
re-read 'help rules'.
- Changes as of Aug 29, 2006:
- Combat messages can include weapon name/barehand.
- Basic thrust/bleed messages are in.
- Socials and poses now follow the new message format.
- Web bug has been fixed somewhat.
- Changes as of Aug 28, 2006:
- Fixed lack of messages from some mob started fights.
- Gold bank limits are now rather high.
- Changes as of Aug 20, 2006:
- Combat message format has been changed. If you find any errors,
please report them on the forums.
- Changes as of Jul 02, 2006:
- Added the first version of the complain command.
- Emotes can have your name somewhere other than the beginning, but
not on channels yet.
- Changes as of Feb 24, 2006:
- Added new spells weaken, impede and vampyric shield for blackguards.
- Changes as of Feb 18, 2006:
- Added some more new combat messages.
- Changes as of Feb 17, 2006:
- Added new non-hunting zone: Beach Memorial
- Changes as of Feb 16, 2006:
- Added rooms to Pangaea: Cafe and Lounge.
- Changes as of Feb 15, 2006:
- Several typo fixes.
- For now, typo reports will earn quest points when fixed.
- Changes as of Jan 22, 2006:
- New Arena zone (locked when not in use): War Games
- Changes as of Jan 18, 2006:
- Added support for MCCP v2.
- Item limits when renting now depend only on the scarcity of the item
and the weight that can be held by the character. No more 50 item
- Autorent costs have been decreased.
- Changes as of Jan 14, 2006:
- Added the setcolors command.
- Changes as of Jan 13, 2006:
- Italic style can now be set on room emotes when a character has
emote_styles set on. Sections of the emote between $I (to start) and $i
(to finish) will be italicised.
- Changes as of Dec 18, 2005:
- Idle times have been increased 3 fold to 21 mud hours before void
and 81 mud hours before disconnect and autorent.
- Changes as of Nov 21, 2005:
- You can now duel outside of the arena, with consequences. See help
duel for more details.
- Changes as of Nov 17, 2005:
- Monk stances are persistent between reboots.
- The 'news' command has been tweaked to show only recent news by default.
You can still type 'news -a' to see the full spammy version.
- Changes as of Nov 06, 2005:
- Added new zone: Inside Sensi's Head
- Changes as of Oct 30, 2005:
- The mud is now hosted from Australia. Only the mud is working, not the
website or email.
- Changes as of Oct 27, 2005:
- Several small bug fixes, that should be barely noticeable.
- Monk automatic attacks should be fixed.
- Changes as of Oct 21, 2005:
- Added new zone: The Jungle.
- Changes as of Oct 18, 2005:
- Receptionists now deal with deadbeat customers by pawning their
equipment to pay their bills. This means that players will lose an
amount of equipment proportional to the amount they owe the inn.
- Changes as of Sep 30, 2005:
- Roleplay objects will now be available once players make
themselves known to the Imms as roleplayers (and hopefully to other
- Changes as of Sep 21, 2005:
- The Toy House has been moved.
- Changes as of Sep 10, 2005:
- Fixed bug where barehand damage was being used for all weapon attacks
in the arena.
- Changes as of Sep 02, 2005:
- Objects in different condition should show separately in inventory
and container lists.
- Monk skills will no longer work in polymorphed forms without the
- Changes as of Aug 03, 2005:
- Email to the immortals @deadofnight.org should once again be
- Changes as of Jul 18, 2005:
- Added 'last worn' value so equipment remembers in which slot it was
- Changes as of Jun 26, 2005:
- The mud has returned to its regular domain, deadofnight.org.
- Changes as of May 14, 2005:
- The Ivory Tower has been reshaped by the forces of nature!
- The "whozone" command has been removed.
- Changes as of May 07, 2005:
- New mage and druid skill: infuse.
- Changes as of May 01, 2005:
- Added new commands classlist/racelist.
- Renamed antipaladins to blackguards and gave them a new skill.
- Added more newbie improvements.
- Changes as of Apr 14, 2005:
- An outbreak has hit the Pangaean Zoo!
- The elves have abandoned the Chessboard to help find a cure!
- Added new class: Antipaladins. Skills will be added progressively.
- Changes as of Apr 03, 2005:
- Completed the fight code rewrite, some fine tuning probably still
- Fixed a major bug with stun possibly introduced during the previous
fight code partial rewrite.
- Completed block for monks.
- Added combat jump for monks. May yet change.
- Changes as of Mar 20, 2005:
- Added an initial hack for block.
- Added more helpfiles for monks.
- Added hit location information to monk damage messages.
- Changes as of Mar 19, 2005:
- Added some basic skills for monks.
- Added mid level monk guildmaster.
- Changes as of Mar 18, 2005:
- Added new class: Monks. Skills will be added progressively.
- Low monk guildmaster now in place.
- Changes as of Mar 09, 2005:
- Basic mxp support added to the mud, for clients supporting mxp.
- Changes as of Mar 06, 2005:
- whoami changed to show only existing characters, old characters can
be displayed by: whoami -d
- Changes as of Feb 06, 2005:
- Mobs should no longer intercept reply.
- Added command: aliascopy
- Modified commands: whoami, last -a
- Changes as of Feb 02, 2005:
- Version upgrade of the editor.
- Changes as of Jan 22, 2005:
- New zone added - Jabberwocky Woods
- Changes as of Jan 16, 2005:
- Ezra clan hall colonised. Amazons hall changed previously.
- Changes as of Jan 03, 2005:
- Page was altered so that you can have pages waiting for individuals
and to "any" at the same time.
- Changes as of Oct 05, 2004:
- Fixed container bugs.
- Containers show capacity and content weight when you examine them.
- Changes as of Sep 11, 2004:
- Added reply lock for tells.
- Changes as of Aug 31, 2004:
- Mobs which were aggressive before being charmed, hypnotized, etc.
should now be aggressive when they regain their free will.
- Mobs will generally not stay asleep indefinitely.
- Changes as of Aug 01, 2004:
- New zone added - Black Rose Hospital
- New zone added - Pangaea Asylum
- Changes as of Jul 23, 2004:
- Quest points are now split among groups in general.
- Werewolves quest updated with some new rules.
- New command 'qinfo' or 'questinfo'.
- Fixed bug in group command that showed leader incorrectly.
- Changes as of Jul 20, 2004:
- Added the Werewolves quest
- Changes as of Jul 16, 2004:
- Implemented the Corpse Hunter quest.
- Changes as of Jul 15, 2004:
- More bug fixes
- holy veil staying when it shouldn't have
- scry looking through your eyes instead of the targets
- donating shouldn't affect merfolk legs or camouflage
- Changes as of Jul 14, 2004:
- Many bug fixes.
- merfolk thirst
- reply and polymorph/shift/tree
- a few aggressive things that previously worked against immortal mobs
- deity, race, and class channels and polymorph/shift/tree
- various commands that shouldn't have worked while sleeping should
no longer work while sleeping (track and trail for example)
- melt should no longer permit you to remain meditating when you
ought not to be able to
- mobs should no longer leap to attack when they come unstunned and
they are on the virge of death
- Limited lifespan has been re-enabled.
- Changes as of Jul 06, 2004:
- A new shop has been opened in Pangaea for obtaining prizes in
exchange for quest points.
- Changes as of Jun 30, 2004:
- Quest points are now attributed to your character, rather than using
items to carry around.
- Added a hero list for quest points, accessibly by "qherolist" and
- Some items in the world now have a limited lifespan.
- Changes as of Jun 15, 2004:
- Receptionists should no longer eat player corpses/dusts/oozes
- Scavenger types of mobs should no longer eat corpses in peace rooms
- Player dusts/oozes should have a name keyword, same as corpses
- Donation rooms and vaults should no longer let you keep extras
of items by putting them in bags in the room
- Detailed logging of player corpses by people that aren't the
deceased, in preparation for easily distinguishing between bad
player looting, and good player looting (similar to notoriety for
pkills) by permitting explicit permission to your friends to
rescue your corpse
- Changes as of Apr 24, 2004:
- Shops changed to a production model.
- Changes as of Apr 16, 2004:
- Change typo/bug/idea commands over to post onto message banks.
- Changes as of Apr 10, 2004:
- Allowed players to change passwords via alts - but only if they want
- Add -a flag to last.
- Add registered players to world command.
- Changes as of Apr 09, 2004:
- Added 'iam' and 'whoami' commands.
- Changes as of Mar 8, 2004:
- Changed the target factor in notoriety to be more significant in
- Changes as of Feb 4, 2004:
- Added new zone - Gorgwyn's Mounds
- Changes as of Jan 29, 2004:
- removed the cutoff at which leech effects started to last forever.
- modified the resultant equation to be mostly rather generous
- modified shift so it lasts far too long.
- modified charm so it ... mostly ... lasts far too long.
- Changes as of Jan 16, 2004:
- Changed herolist to use average level.
- Changes as of Jan 9, 2004:
- Added new zone - Blue Gnome Village
- Changes as of Jan 4, 2004:
- Added new zone - Caverns of Doom
- Changes as of Dec 29, 2003:
- Changes as of Dec 21, 2003:
- 3 new channels, class guilds, racial guilds, deity groups.
- Add builder levels.
- Changes as of Nov 29, 2003:
- Add 2 new skills to druids, thornshield and mobilize.
- Changes as of Nov 25, 2003:
- Gave up waiting for people to get serious about testing, went and
implemented new fight code.
- New board games were added a while ago.
- News is still too long.
- Changes as of Nov 18, 2003:
- Added modified zone - Castle Mistamere
- Added new zone - Malvaria
- Added revised zone - Seaside Cemetary
- Changes as of Nov 02, 2003:
- Added new zone - Giant Toybox
- Added new zone - Danath's Forest
- Changes as of Oct 30, 2003:
- Added new help files for QUESTS, RESTRINGS, and POSE
- Changes as of Oct 20, 2003:
- Added new zone - Mer Island Embassy.
- Added new zone - Meregaea.
- Added modified zone - Abandoned Rebels Hall
- Changes as of Oct 16, 2003:
- Add bank surcharge atm support - add to pangaea receptionist as
- Rework runtime player tracking. Should mostly not be noticable.
- (old news) dwarves get improved class bonuses, especially for
- Changes as of Oct 13, 2003:
- Add glide - mainly so merfolk can follow currents if they want.
- Changes as of Oct 12, 2003:
- Tells in sleep are good!
- Add reverse_tags so i've got yet another way for rp'ers to complain
- Changes as of Oct 11, 2003:
- Added merfolk - new race.
- Added Waterslide Nature Reserve - newbie zone.
- Rivers now give messages for things flowing around.
- Changes as of Sep 29, 2003:
- Changes as of Sep 23, 2003:
- Added simplified edit.
- Added ictell.
- Changes as of Sep 19, 2003:
- Bring in new editing code.
- Changes as of Sep 18, 2003:
- Added put all
- New Zone - Festival Camp
- Changes as of Sep 09, 2003:
- Replace old pkill system with new notoriety system.
- Changes as of Sep 07, 2003:
- Let mobs wander after loss of charm.
- Marginally increase max input length.
- Changes as of Aug 23, 2003:
- Fix a few things relating to immunity.
- Changes as of Aug 16, 2003:
- "aclan list" permission can be assigned by guild level.
- Changes as of Aug 05, 2003:
- Half-elves were adjusted slightly to make them a little closer
to "superlative" as the help file suggests.
- Changes as of Aug 04, 2003:
- Modify lags associated with live shift, hopefully a bit nicer.
- Add possesive syntax to emote.
- Changes as of Aug 02, 2003:
- Overhaul xp system, remove 300k cap, replace with level based cap
high enough not to be bothering. Readjust mob xp, group xp and a couple
of other xp things in order to compensate for change.
- Mobs no longer fooled by cursed weapons.
- Mobs no longer stupidly check you for immunity to hold when using
- Changes as of Aug 01, 2003:
- Old machine died. New machine replaced it. Enjoy.
- Changes as of Jul 29, 2003:
- Fix riddle. Mobs are now more susceptable to delay lags - players
dont get delay lags cleared inappropriately on end of combat.
- Changes as of Jul 28, 2003:
- Gave paladins innate protection against undead at level 30. See
also help paladin.
- Tweak rangers a little.
- Changes as of Jul 25, 2003:
- Tweaking to backstab/circle (should be mildly positive).
- Tweaking to sneak check for hide (should be noticibly better)
- Tweaking to hide legal commands (not all of them, sorry :P)
- Changed targeting for ranged things to search close then far, rather
then by direction.
- Backstab now is harder to dodge, goes through armor better.
- Retweaked backstab/circle to make 'more sense' (should be good)
- Updated backstab/circle helpfiles - they match the 'new' tweaking.
- ~30 new socials - several old socials revamped - now with targeting.
- Changes as of Jul 06, 2003:
- A rare problem with repaired armor losing its repairs through rent
- Changes as of Jun 30, 2003:
- Stop dual wield and dance from counting as aditional hits in crowded
- Allow more hits on huge mobs.
- More behind the scenes progress to notoriety.
- Changes as of Jun 20, 2003:
- The ability to fight in crowded situations has changed.
- Changes as of Jun 19, 2003:
- Exp caps are now level dependent.
- Changes as of Jun 9, 2003:
- Rivers have been fixed to flow properly again. Teleport rooms will
no longer stop combat.
- Changes as of Jun 8, 2003:
- Fight code gets a bit smarter, hopefully not to many bugs along the
- Osay now shows (ooc) instead of looking like say.
- Changes as of Jun 4, 2003:
- Shield of striking is saner.
- Most imm email addresses will now work: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Some ancient kludgy code was removed, and this -may- affect some
- Changes as of Jun 1, 2003:
- Dead of night gets a new home.
- The upper end of the spectrum of multiclass penalties has changed.
- Changes as of May 10, 2003:
- Fixed crashes in bard song "dancing"
- Changes as of Apr 27, 2003:
- New zone - Dark Menagerie
- Changes as of Apr 20, 2003:
- New zone - Castle Python Dungeon
- Changes as of Apr 08, 2003:
- New zone - Light Menagerie
- Changes as of Apr 06, 2003:
- New zone - Necromancer's Tower
- Changes as of Mar 28, 2003:
- New zone - Garden Gnome Home
- Changes as of Mar 25, 2003:
- New zones - Estran's Realm and Evil Realm
- Changes as of Mar 19, 2003:
- New zones - Unicorn Vale and Foggy Island
- Changes as of Mar 15, 2003:
- Changes as of Mar 6, 2003:
- Changes as of Mar 3, 2003:
- Changes as of Feb 28, 2003:
- Changes as of Feb 15, 2003:
- Changes as of Feb 11, 2003:
- Changes as of Feb 9, 2003:
- Changes as of Feb 1, 2003:
- Fix bug with death during song/craft/forge/desec/consecrate.
- Actual new zone - Phantasia.
- Changes as of Jan 30, 2003:
- New old zone (figure that one out!) - Malvaria and Goblin Lair.
- Changes as of Jan 23, 2003:
- Fixed long standing (but until recently hidden) bug with -hp
equipment and polymorph during death.
- Fixed resultant bug from fixing that one.
- Changes as of Dec 27, 2002:
- A few races stopped breathing, allowing underwater trips.
- Changes as of Dec 25, 2002:
- Mana regens for some were given a small christmas present.
- Two new zones, Sea Caverns and Mer Ranch.
- Changes as of Dec 10, 2002:
- 'bleed' is much more sane with respect to the ingestability of
the victims fluids.
- Changes as of Oct 27, 2002:
- Formed weapons are no longer treated as BHD. 35d35 seems a little
absurd when mobs top out at something in the vacinity of 13d8.
- Item levels have been updated. The item level will now display as
the miniumum level required to wear the object. Some items had
erroneous levels which have been fixed.
- Changes as of Oct 21, 2002:
- The long-standing problem with losing affects you have from
multiple sources has been fixed.
- Weapon spells are more powerful in most circumstances.
- Changes as of Oct 13, 2002:
- Traps fixed to be able to hurt people.
- Changes as of Aug 10, 2002:
- New helpfiles on roleplay, antisocial behaviour and the use of
descriptions and boards.
- More pkill bug fixes.
- Changes as of Jul 31, 2002:
- Save rooms now cause containers to empty.
- Some clan minor clan things fiddled with.
- Changes as of Jun 28, 2002:
- Firesheild scrapping fixed.
- Changes as of Jun 23, 2002:
- Channel emotes are now targetable.
- Emote and social targeting is now channel dependent.
- Changes as of Jun 22, 2002:
- New underwater city and palace.
- A realm in favour of the druids.
- Icy plains await.
- Changes as of Jun 21, 2002:
- Added new channel isay for specifically ic room communication.
- Changes as of Jun 13, 2002:
- Remember to turn on the new room targets for create light
and create darkness.
- Changes as of Jun 12, 2002:
- The duration of Consecrate is now limited.
- Numerous internal changes to apply affects to rooms and objects
instead of just characters/mobiles.
- Changes as of May 15, 2002:
- Conjure elemental no longer requires the stone to be held.
- Paladin's blessing skill should be more well behaved now.
- The combintion of sneak and hide now works as might be expected.
- Corpses are changing their ways somewhat.
- Changes as of May 3, 2002:
- Changes as of Apr 24, 2002:
- Not quite a fairy tail, but a new place that is close to one.
- Changes as of Apr 18, 2002:
- The Tower in the oasis is now accessible, along with many other
- The Temple's healing properties have been extended into the quiet
areas, for those who enjoy peace.
- Changes as of Feb 23, 2002:
- Per class poses implemented, new poses mainly by Zamphir and Kyara
- Changes as of Feb 10, 2002:
- A large building built in one of the major cities.
- Changes as of Jan 25, 2002:
- Old-news, but two new areas in the shaddath continent as well as
some civic improvements in one town, and a swamp near the residence
of the mushroom men.
- A new grove amongst the trees of a slightly older forest.
- Changes as of Oct 7, 2001:
- Bards should finally be able to actually track.
- The much awaited legend list has arrived, try 'legendlist'.
- Fix mana usage of blessing.
- Changes as of May 5, 2001:
- Shopkeeper strike has been ended. They should now have their
- Changes as of Apr 30, 2001:
- Paladin tracking skill should now work. Druids now get track skill
at level 18. Druids now have an improved tracking range. Minor
and Major Track spells are now self-only.
- Changes as of Apr 23, 2001:
- Paladin and psionic skills have been readjusted, they should be
more satisfactory now :)
- Item scrapping should be lessened now.
- Changes as of Apr 18, 2001:
- At long last acappella should work as advertised.
- Changes as of Apr 15, 2001:
- An old bug turn undead from working has been found and remedied.
- Changes as of Feb 27, 2001:
- Two new areas added on continent of Shaddath.
- Changes as of Jan 6, 2001:
- Dead of Night is back and up on some spiffy new hardware.
- Changes as of Nov 21, 2000:
- City of Cormanthor added to continent of Shaddath.
- Arena of Crom now in place for tournaments.
- Changes as of Nov 8, 2000:
- New area added near New Thalos.
- Changes as of Oct 8, 2000:
- Added Shambala and BeeHive areas on the Pangaean continent.
- Changes as of Sep 13, 2000:
- Added a new area near Pangaea.
- Changes as of Apr 8, 2000:
- Couple new areas in, look for Edo City and a new sewer area.
- Fixed a long-standing bug prevent some/most weapon spells from
- Changes as of Feb 16, 2000:
- Added a new area near Paramor.
- Changes as of Feb 07, 2000:
- Added new area around Pangaea.
- Changes as of Jan 14, 2000:
- Changes as of Dec 20, 1999:
- The port city of Seaside opened to the public.
- Changes as of Dec 14, 1999:
- Added new area near Fort Kalos.
- Changes as of Dec 13, 1999:
- Fixed bug preventing warriors from christening their own weapons.
- Blank scrolls can once again be written upon.
- Changes as of Dec 07, 1999:
- Added a new are near Xanth.
- Changes as of Nov 22, 1999:
- Added a "builder" channel for those of you so blessed.
- In the never-ending saga, dead's power supply died earlier this week.
It's better now.
- The forces of evil have succeeded in pushing the rising sun back an
hour. Let's hear it for evil. (This time for real :)
- Boards added around the Pangaea inn. One for stories, one for
helping those who wish to write historical information about
the world or the races of the world.
- Crashing bug in dirt throw is now fixed.
- Changes as of Jun 12, 1999:
- A bug in vampire regeneration has been fixed.
- Changes as of Jun 10, 1999:
- Receptionists joined forces in an effort to increase their importance
in the general economy.
- Changes as of Jun 9, 1999:
- The skill checks are being tuned somewhat but NOT majorly overhauled.
- Parry has become a bit more effective.
- Skill checks have become somewhat more frequent on ongoing spells.
- Changes as of Jun 6, 1999:
- Create Darkness and Create Light can be cast on objects.
- Astral berries have been repaired. No more keeping them, or eatting
them without going to the astral plane.
- Hypnotize and illusionary shroud now charge mana properly.
- The receptionists of the realm have banded together and decided to
charge slightly differently for a couple particularly powerful
pieces of equipment.
- Some high level mobs which have been abused have learned to protect
- Changes as of Apr 28, 1999:
- New zones: a small town, and Castle Transylvania.
- Changes as of Feb 17, 1999:
- Fixed a bug with empath causing wild alignment swings.
- Changes as of Feb 15, 1999:
- Due to abuse, consecrate has been modified and desecrate is now
available to characters of ALL classes.
- Cleric zombies won't immediately come uncharmed now.
- Forge won't take all your ore any more, just what it's supposed to.
- Changes as of Jan 23, 1999:
- An old bug in saving throws was fixed. They should now work
instead of virtually always failing them.
- NEW RACE: Vampire. CHECK OUT HELP VAMPIRE BEFORE CREATING A VAMPIRE.
- Changes as of Jan 21, 1999:
- New areas The Crypt and Forgotten Lake
- Changes as of Jan 16, 1999:
- Changes as of Jan 10, 1999:
- All clans wiped, and a new system in place. Read 'help clans'
for more details. Additional information can also be found at
- Changes as of Dec 26, 1998:
- Added a few more items to the tan repetoire.
- The problem with not being able to pick up some piles of gold has
- Mob corpses that decay will now take their contents with them.
- Changes as of Nov 18, 1998:
- New spell: create darkness
- Changes as of Nov 17, 1998:
- You can now wear things on eyes and ears.
- Melt fixed to not lose gold.
- A crash when cancel or answering pages has been fixed.
- A bug that added restrictions to some objects in guild halls was fixed.
- Changes as of Nov 4, 1998:
- Added two new areas: Baskerville, Farmers Market.
- Changes as of Oct 25, 1998:
- A bug that added restrictions to some objects in guild halls was
- Holy veil goes away if you attack undead.
- Changes as of Oct 18, 1998:
- New command: keywords -- lists keywords of all objects and mobiles
in the room with you.
- Changes as of Oct 9, 1998:
- Despite complaints, multi's have been significantly reworked. Try
help multiclass for more details.
- Changes as of Oct 8, 1998:
- Fixed several bugs with skill advancement.
- Changes as of Sep 19, 1998:
- New areas: Amils Castle, The Pit, Nameless Castle
- Changes as of Aug 25, 1998:
- Three new areas: Sherwood Ferry, Sherwood Land, Hell
- Changes as of Jul 18, 1998:
- Warriors can now use their experience with weapons to judge
relative merit. See "help compare"
- Two-handed has been implemented, so you won't be able to wield or
carry something besides that great sword.
- Anchouding has had a slight facelift, and some repairs done to
the bone forest, again.
- New areas: Bone forest extension, halforc town. Some slight
modifications to the bone forest to accomodate new zones.
- Some old bugs with ranger-made weapons have been fixed. You'll find
their bows no longer work well for hand-to-hand.
- New thief skills are in: climb, dirt throw, appraise, sleight, spy,
and trail. Forgotten recompile, these are now REALLY available.
- Changes as of Jul 6, 1998:
- Some old bugs with ranger-made weapons have been fixed. You'll find
their bows no longer work well for hand-to-hand.
- Bone critters altered, many of the usual tricks will no longer work
- Changes as of Jun 27, 1998:
- New thief skills are in: climb, dirt throw, appraise, sleight, spy,
- Changes as of Mar 30, 1998:
- Channel emotes such as "rumor @smile" should now work.
- Changes as of Mar 22, 1998:
- You can now emote and use socials in channels. Help channel for info.
- Changes as of Aug 11, 1997:
- Only ONE character per player logged on regardless of the number
of other players on.